*Concentrated and easy to feed, our joint supplements are independently lab tested for purity so you know that you get what is on the label.
Recent Research Results:
1) Glucosamine hydrochloride is the scientific trial and clinical experience proven backbone of an effective joint supplement (1,2,3,4,5).
2) It has been shown that Glucosamine Hydrochloride has long term anti-inflammatory effects comparable to NSAIDs such as phenylbutazone or firocoxib without the side effects (6).
3) Giving Glucosamine Hydrochloride in feed daily has proven to reduce the need for joint injections (7).
4) Glucosamine Hydrochloride has recently been shown to protect joint cartilage from damage by steroid injections when they are necessary (8).
5) Glucosamine has the potential to prevent bone resorption, a key component of the arthritic syndrome (3).
6)Oral Hyaluronic Acid has been shown to reduce inflammation in joints rapidly when 100 mg is given per day (9).
Glucosamine Hydrochloride fed daily in an adequate dose of 10,000 mgs per 1,000 lb horse is the only joint supplement your horse in light work needs. Adding 100 mgs per 1,000 lb horse of Hyaluronic Acid offsets the joint inflammation caused by more strenuous athletic activity. Please see our Small Animals page for dog and cat information.
Pan American Veterinary Corporation offers pure Glucosamine Hydrochloride as Top Form joint supplement, and Glucosamine Hydrochloride and Hyaluronic Acid as Supreme Top Form.
These pure products are offered to you at the best price available.
If you find another joint supplement that supplies your horse with 10,000 mgs Glucosamine Hydrochloride and 100 mgs Hyaluronic Acid per day for a better price than ours, we will match that price.
(1) Am J Vet Res. 2005 Nov;66(11):1861-9. Effects of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate on mediators of osteoarthritis in cultured equine chondrocytes stimulated by use of recombinant equine interleukin-1beta. Neil KM, Orth MW, Coussens PM, Chan PS, Caron JP. (2) Arthritis Res Ther. 2007 Aug 8;9(4) Glucosamine prevents in vitro collagen degradation in chondrocytes by inhibiting advanced lipoxidation reactions and protein oxidation.Tiku M, Narla H, Jain M, Yalamanchili P. (3) Adv Food Nutr Res. 2012;65:337-52 Biological activities of glucosamine and its related substances .Nagaoka I1, Igarashi M, Sakamoto K. (4) Arthritis. 2014; 2014: 432463. Glucosamine for Osteoarthritis: Biological Effects, Clinical Efficacy, and Safety on Glucose Metaboli. Juan Salazar, 1 Luis Bello, 1 Mervin Chávez, 1 Roberto Añez, 1 Joselyn Rojas, 1 , 2 and Valmore Bermúdez 1 ,* (5) Eur Radiol. 2009 Jun;19(6):1512-8. Epub 2009 Feb 13. Glucosamine sulfate effect on the degenerated patellar cartilage: preliminary findings by pharmacokinetic magnetic resonance modeling. Martí-Bonmatí L, Sanz-Requena R, Rodrigo JL, Alberich-Bayarri A, Carot JM. (6) Int J Rheumatol. 2011; 2011: 969012. Effects of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate on Cartilage Metabolism in OA: Outlook on Other Nutrient Partners Especially Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Jorg Jerosch. (7) Intern J Appl Res Vet Med • Vol. 4, No. 2, 2006. Effects of Oral Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfates Supplementation on Frequency of Intra-articular Therapy of the Horse Tarsus. Martha R. Rodgers, VMD (8) Am J Vet Res. 2008 Sep;69(9):1123-8. Effects of methylprednisolone acetate and glucosamine on proteoglycan production by equine chondrocytes in vitro. Byron CR1, Benson BM, Stewart AA, Pondenis HC. (9) Bergin, B. J., Pierce, S. W., Bramlage, L. R., & Stromberg, A. (2006). Oral hyaluronan gel reduces post operative tarsocrural effusion in the yearling thoroughbred. Equine Vet J 38, 375–378.